VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey... so i'm getting down to the last couple of mods for my car and i'm wondering if anyone has any insight. I've heard allot of different things so i'm posting here to try and get some help on the topic. I've got an '03 GTI 1.8T. Here's my list of Mods:
GIAC Software
EVOMS FMIC and CAI
Full Samco Hose Kit and TIP
Turbosmart Bypass Valve
N75 Valve
AWE Downpipe and Exhaust
Stock Turbo and Manifold
Holding 20psi boost
I'm not trying to upgrade my turbo at this point.... I may in the future go to a K04, but no big turbo upgrades for me. Essentially I've done all the bolts-ons possible for my car. The last couple of mods i'm considering is a water/methanol injection kit or a C02 Intercooler fogger (not a nitros fogger). I'm wondering if anyone has any idea's about this, or has any experience with either set up. From the forums i've read it doesnt seem like the water methanol injection would do much for me considering i'm pretty much maxed out on boost for my turbo. If anyone has any experience with the intercooler fogger i'd be interested in your input. Thanks allot!

· Registered
732 Posts
Re: Help? C02 Intercooler fogger vs. Water/Methanol Injection (GTIsilverstone)

I've been reading a lot of info on this intercooler fogger.. It matters very little except for price on C02 or NOS because all that it's doing is cooling the air.. I've read that you can gain up to 50hp which after some research I found to be bulls*** it's more like 15hp..

· Registered
646 Posts
Re: Help? C02 Intercooler fogger vs. Water/Methanol Injection (GTIsilverstone)

Nitrous is actually cheap, I have a friend who runs a Nirtrous sprayer on his sti, and to fill a 10lb bottle it cost just under 20 dollars. Granted it may be a little harder to find a place to fill it, but cost shouldnt be an issue.

· Registered
1,513 Posts
Re: Help? C02 Intercooler fogger vs. Water/Methanol Injection (2k4BlackMagicGLI)

1. when nitrous evaporates it does so at a colder temperature than co2
2. nitrous costs between $3-$4 per pound ($30-$40 per 10 lb bottle)
3. i gained 20 hp and 20 ftlb of torque by spraying nitrous onto my fmic
4. you'll see more power by injecting the nitrous into the engine (i'm said screw the ic chiller and i'm running a 35 hp shot now)
5. check out snow performance for a water/methanol injection kit

· Registered
3,062 Posts
Re: Help? C02 Intercooler fogger vs. Water/Methanol Injection (punkrider99)

I would really look into the methanol injection. There's a local guy here that has it in his stock turbo GTI and was able to add 7 degrees of timing advance on the stock IC. This is in Alabama heat in the middle of the summer and the car still wasnt pulling any timing at all 0*deg on all 4 cyl. You already have a front mount so thats already going to cool intake charge that much more before the methanol gets to it... I say methanol ftw.

· Registered
2,908 Posts
Re: Help? C02 Intercooler fogger vs. Water/Methanol Injection (dmonitto)

I think I'll be adding meth injection, any reviews on the USRT setup ? Have had experience with two of their fuel rails, and well they suck'd, as well as my buddy just getting an intake manifold from them and well, ya that suck'd too.

· Registered
1,947 Posts
Re: Help? C02 Intercooler fogger vs. Water/Methanol Injection (IoSpYoI)

usrt doesnt make the kit, they sell snow performances kit, its a real nice little set up. Been alot of reviews recently on it, all saying good things

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.