AEM cold air intake
ABD lower intake
ABD Big Bore turbo intake
ABD 4.0 BAR fuel bar regulator
Neuspeed cat back
diverter valve not sure what kind
APR chip 93 octane
ABD intake manifold
Im running on street tires with a decent amount of tread and traction. Also I lowered the psi in the tires to 20. My rim size is 16
I dont have my 60 second on hand all I know is that my best run is 15.5 at 91 mph
The wierd thing is that before I put the intake manifold in and the apr chip the car ran a 15.5. Now I have the chip and the manifold and one would think that the car should be faster. Yet it still runs 15.5
I rev up to about 2.5 and ease of the clutch. Does any one know what my car should be running? What does a stock GTI 1.8T run?
Thanks for your help

· Registered
4,212 Posts
Re: Help cant get lower than 15.5 (Swap1985)

you should be high 13s at over 100mph i think. not sure what the problem is. stock 1.8t should be 15.5ish give or take a couple tenths.
post a descriptive slip and i can help you more. my concern is your low trap speed, but if you post more detail of the run i can probably figure out if it's you or the car cuttin up. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
3,844 Posts

Well part of the problem with your ET is your 60' but that doesn't explain why your MPH is so low. I would start off doing a leak test on your intake track... I suspect a boost/vacuum leak somewhere.

· Registered
3,844 Posts

Basically you need to make a leak tester and pressurize your intake track and listen for leaks. Its not that hard to do and only costs about $5.00- $8.00 bux to make. Do a search on here and I'm sure you'll find a lot of posts about it. If you own a turbo car its a MUST.

· Registered
2,187 Posts

Try reving it to 3500 and dumping the clutch. thats what i do only i dump mine at 4500 - 5000 and i have a 97 GTI VR6. Best time 15.53 @ 90 with a chip and cold air intake. o that time is with a stock exhaust.

· Registered
305 Posts
if you wanna find a vacuum leak....you can try spraying brake clean around the intake and throttle body.....with the car running. the idle shoudl raise noticeably if you hit one....just make sure you're using flammable brake clean

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.