VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im trying to remove the timing belt cover on my mk iv 2.0 to access the cam gear... however i cant get it off... i undid the two tabs but there is some hose thats in the way (a hose attached to the intake manifold right above the belt cover). i cant pull the hose out either it seems to be stuck pretty hard on the nozzle of the manifold its connected to. also i dunno but is the nozzle supposed to be pointed at an angle? or is it supposed to be parallel to the floor... cuz its pointed down a little bit.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Re: help...cant remove timing belt cover for mk iv 2.0 (skr8blackenese)

quote:[HR][/HR]ok im trying to remove the timing belt cover on my mk iv 2.0 to access the cam gear... however i cant get it off... i undid the two tabs but there is some hose thats in the way (a hose attached to the intake manifold right above the belt cover). i cant pull the hose out either it seems to be stuck pretty hard on the nozzle of the manifold its connected to. also i dunno but is the nozzle supposed to be pointed at an angle? or is it supposed to be parallel to the floor... cuz its pointed down a little bit.[HR][/HR]​
Ya, Its a real pain in the a**, I hate that cover. You just have to wigle it and
pull on it ^^*UP WARDS* ^^ It will come off. Just wait till you put it back on
it is even worse
. And the thing that is pointed down it is FINE.

[Modified by golf2.0L, 11:56 PM 8-5-2002]

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: help...cant remove timing belt cover for mk iv 2.0 (golf2.0L)

I already tried wiggling and pulling upwards.. but I guess Ill try harder. But I am doing it the right way right? Just unclip the two tabs and then try to pull the cover out? I think if I ever get it off I wont put it back on again.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Re: help...cant remove timing belt cover for mk iv 2.0 (skr8blackenese)

quote:[HR][/HR]I already tried wiggling and pulling upwards.. but I guess Ill try harder. But I am doing it the right way right? Just unclip the two tabs and then try to pull the cover out? I think if I ever get it off I wont put it back on again. [HR][/HR]​
Yes you are, But I am pritty shoure that there is one more clip
neer the botom two-wordes the front of the car. So there is 3 clips all together.
thats why you cant get it off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts