VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least I don't think it has anything to do with an MAF failure. Here's what happened:
I started my car in the morning, and the first thing I noticed was that it was idling a little lower than normal. Plus, it wasn't a smooth idle... there was a little bit of wavering and hesitation. Then when I started to drive, the hesitation became worse and the engine felt like it was going to die. Sometimes, once I got up to about 3000 RPM, the hesitation would stop and it felt like its normal self. Then, when I'd get into 3rd gear, the check engine light would flash on and off (not stay on). Once I got the RPMs up over 3000 and into 4th, the check engine light would stop flashing. there would still be a little hesitation, but not as much as 1-3 gears. After about 5-10 minutes of this, she was fine. This has happened once before(maybe 5,000 miles ago), and both times it was wet and rainy. Not sure if that's a coincidence or not. I'm taking my car in for my 20k service tomorrow morning and will obviously mention this. But if anyone knew more about what was going on and could educate me, it would make communicating to the dealership and resolving the problem much easier.
Not sure if its in my sig... but I have a 2001 Jetta VR6 manual.
Thanks in advance

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.