VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all hi everyone and this is the first time I've ever posted on here so please excuse any bloopers....
I have a 1997 Jetta GLX with a cracked coil. The garage wants to charge me $700.00 to replace the coilpack? and do a tune up. Does this sound right? Should I replace it with a new one or find a used one? The other thing I was wondering is anyone has any idea why my driver's side window might have stopped working...but I can open and close it using the key. It worked on and off for a while - then just stopped altogether. My air conditioner just stopped working all of a sudden also. Does that just sound like a recharge or a bigger problem? Lastly...I had to replace my struts last year - took my car to a shop that only fixes VW's...and when I got my car back it looked like I had put a LIFT in it! It's crazy! The whole front end sits off the tires about 8 inches higher than when I bought it. When I asked them if they might have put the wrong stuts on I was told it was supposed to sit like that. When I brought it to a new garage this time to find out about the cracked coil they agreed that the struts are not right. Now what? OH HELP!!!! Thank you everyone and anyone that offers any suggestions or opinions. I'm ready to pull my hair out!
But I love my Jetta and don't want to give it up....even with 120,000 miles!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts