VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it says, my 16V number 1 and 4 cylinders are not operating. The car runs extremely rough and is extremely hard to accelerate and usually dies. I checked for spark in all 4 cylinders and I DO have spark. Checked the fuel injectors and all 4 seem to spraying exactly the same.

Engine is a 9A with KE-Jetronic. It has a new distributor, new rotor, new cap, new wires, new plugs. It recently had a compresson check done and all cylinders were good. It was running fine yesterday and today went to start it and this is where I am at.
So if any of you experts have any ideas, please pass them my way.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: FV-QR (epjetta)

When the engine is running, I started pulling spark plug wires at the head. When I pull #1 and #4, there is zero change in the motor. When I pull #2 or #3, the motor has a huge change and begins to die. (I only pull 1 at a time and reinstall it before moving to the next). I pulled #1 and #4 at the same time and the motor still has no change. Pull 2 or 3 and it barely runs and pretty much dies.
I will double check the firing order on the cap, however, I wouldn't think it would be that since yesterday, the car was running fine and the next morning it is in the condition it is now....horrible. There was no maintenance done on the car night it decided to die on me. But I will still double check.
Thanks for the assistance.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: FV-QR (rivethead)

Well thank you too those who had advise, but I figured out what it was. The electrical connector going into the ECU became loose. Plugged it back in all the way and the car runs great. Feel kinda like a retard but oh well, sometimes its the most obvious things that will get ya.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Re: Help!!! Cylinders 1 and 4 seem to be dead! (badass2007gti)

i guess u have
wrong firing order set up or wrong valves timing
or sth wrong with ur valves

1 - 8 of 8 Posts