VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do all the vw dealerships have my service records or only the one that ive been to

example if i go to one dealer #1 about somthing and then i go to another dealer#2 about the same thing will that dealer#2 be able to see that i was at dealer #1 about about the same problem??? THANK your help is appreciated

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Maybe.

If a warranty claim was filed with VW then VW will see it as a duplicate when it's filed again.

If it's a customer pay issue, they would never know ... unless they are owned by the same folks.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I'd put things back to stock before going to the second dealer to attempt to get your light issue covered under warranty.

·
Registered
549 Posts
i am a service advisor for volkswagen

only thing in data base is warranty cliams that have gone thru

your services ei oil changes brake replacement is independnt per dealer

but if a dealer flags your car as chipped that is in the database

i dont know what your issue is but good luck you need any other info hit me up

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
They blew their electronics using junk HIDs. The first dealer said no to warranty because the customer was at fault.
That's what I suspected.

Here's a few thoughts.

1 - If dealer A rejected it on the basis of knowing VW would refuse to reimburse the dealer, IOW they didn't ask, then dealer B shouldn't catch it.

2 - That doesn't make it OK to do.

Being dishonest is being dishonest, and what side of the service desk you sit on has no relevance.

People scream "STEALERSHIP" ... and I have seen shady characters and tactics from the dealer's side ... but seldom take into account that they are hearing only one side of the story.

I could write for days on end of the shysterism I have seen from the consumer side ... and when one successfully files false warranty claims it drives up costs for everyone else.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts