VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got home last night with a pair of SRD's sittin' on the front room.....
A really late christmas gift from my girlfriend caught me by surprise...
she never ordered the brackets and sliders with it so don't know where and what to get to install 'em.
i called ams they said i won't be needing a sliders just brackets but dtm autohaus said i need both.....
need help on info if its worth the wait for the real recaro brackets or just get the after market ones??????
my own experience on old recaro i had on the car, the bracket was too low so i had to stuffed the seat(it had aftermarket bracket and got it w/ the seat).
maybe recaro ones are height adjustable?????

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Re: help from anybody w/ recaro SRD....... (Abtitude)

Yes you need both the slider and brackets. The recaro brackets have 3 setings for height. I'm sure you can non recaro parts. My freinds MOMO seats have the bolt holes in the exact same spot as my Recaros. He is using momo sliders on a sparko bracket. On my seats thought I'm not using the recaro sliders/bracket. I am using a James bracket thats just like the stock seat. It bolts on to the seat and slides in the stock tracks in the car.
Alexi
PS You have a nice girlfriend

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: help from anybody w/ recaro SRD....... (AlexiGTIVR6)

where and how much on this james brackets???
i also think ams dont know jack....

no sister dude...

[Modified by Abtitude, 1:18 AM 2-6-2003]

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Re: help from anybody w/ recaro SRD....... (Abtitude)

If your looking for somewhere that usally has them in stock, check out www.speedwaremotorsports.com I beleive their prices are pretty decent (thats who I recieved my ish from) but still be prepared for a subtle shock. Those parts drove my $1200 Recaros to well over $1600 in the end

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Re: help from anybody w/ recaro SRD....... (farfromugen)

My girlfriend and yours should have a talk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.