VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I will tell u alittle story behing the car.. was purchased from a auction.. some ahole decided when he couldnt afford it..to take what he wanted and smash the rest...:screwy: So I like the savior i am saved it!!!but the turbo/manifold and injections were gone...and every bit of glass and straight panel..so here is the deal.. it kept popping up with a lean or slow response code..that ended up being a broken pvc ect.. hose. so after that fix it hasnt popped up:cool: but here is the deal.. we all know they go into (limp) mode or safe mode if throws a code..and thus u get a safe boost level..i would guess like 8 lbs...so here is the deal..90% the time this s.o.b. screams will roast them easy at 20% throttle in 1st 2nd and a chirp or two in third gear...but now no light this time went to do emissions screamed on way there and after it is acting like in safe mode err... KNOW IDHEA WHAT CHIP IS IN IT EITHER OHH AND IT IS ALL OEM REPLACEMENT PARTS THAT WERE MISSING FOR NOW!:facepalm:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no boost gauge yet guys.. i am working on it. i just dumped 4 k to get to this point..lol. but what the problem is..is sometimes it rips and sometimes it just run like in limp mode...the first three days i drove it was like this till i fixed the first round of vac leaks and reset codes now doing it again but no mil light:screwy:. i need a vacume diagram..just need to look welp off to get desert let u know how it runs been sitting 2 days!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So i did a maf cleaning and a n 72 cleaning and reset again..ughh... smoke tested it no leaks to find... wierd.. figured it would be it...lol...so here is the deal.. if u reset the codes when cold and start it..it will chug spit and just straight raw fuel and doesnt clear out.... if u keep it running till like 2200 rpm till it warms up alittle then clears up........Is the m.a.f. junk and just not metering it at all till it finds porameters when restart at warm ...here is the wierd part some resets will allow it to run for 3-4 days fine and boost fully..before the dreaded light..:banghead:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.