VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an '84 Jetta GLI equipped with a non working AC unit. The AC isn't hooked up, I'm eventually going to remove it this coming spring. I need to replace the heater core & have just found out the ridiculous price for a replacement core w/AC
I've already done a search on this, but I'm still not sure of what the answer to my question is, so here goes: can I use a core from a non AC car? I'm also assuming that there's no difference between Rabbit & mk1 Jetta cores. Any help would be greatly appreciated...my winter beater needs heat

· Registered
8,845 Posts
Re: Help!! Heater core with AC question (BkoolB3)

I just ripped out my heater core from my ac car. A non ac car has a different heatercore. I am rather certain you cannot use it. It sits at a different angle. If you want to make your life much easier (as I am going to do), I would get a non ac full heater set up from a non ac car. Controls and all. The vacuum controls suck.. (haha, get it?) I like the bowden cables better.. I can get them easily at a junkyard for 35 bucks. Controls, box and all.... this includes fan.. Also, the heater box is smaller on a non ac car, and looks much better. Does not protrude below dash...... have fun.... +ODD *I think you can use cabby stuff, it is also german. Easier to find a cabby in junkyard...

Modified by fast84gti at 10:40 PM 11-17-2004

· Registered
1,174 Posts
Re: Help!! Heater core with AC question (BkoolB3)

JUST SHOOT THE DANG THING!!! Sorry, I hate heater cores...I paid to have mine installed sadly enough.
But heres a free bump. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.