VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it seems my high speed doesnt work. Here's the situation, fan operates normally, at 210deg I believe the really loud high speed should turn on correct? Well mine doesnt. This made me hit 230deg today just before I got home. Now the car wont start again. My light never came on, and it never exceeded 230 mark. So Im wondering: how do I fix this high speed problem? Fanswitch? Its been replaced couple of years ago w/lower temp one, could it have gone bad? Fan module? Its the new one from recall.
How come she wont crank at all now? I have all power, just no spark and wont turn over. I need help fast, this is my only ride!

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Re: Help: High speed fan no worky,and car wont crank! (BlauSlc92)

The High speed fan speed should only and only come on with the air cond. switched on. for the car not cranking , go out to it, pop the bonnet, tighten the battery connections, problem solved
you might even want to clean them up a bit

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Help: High speed fan no worky,and car wont crank! (GranTouring InjectedVR6)

Really? As for the battery, no dice. I already tried that, although I do get a wierd clicking as I disconnect it, sounds like from underneath the coolant tank? Wtf!

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Re: Help: High speed fan no worky,and car wont crank! (BlauSlc92)

toughy, maybe try and unhook the fan and start it. Check through wires and look for shorts. How's that wire bundle that runs under your battery look (i think i remember somebody said it runs fan, not sure).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts