VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I drive an '02 GTI (with fogs) and my driver side low beam burnt out.
So I go and buy an OEM replacement bulb by Sylvania and it fits really tight. Trying to get it to flush fit with the reflector I have to press really hard. On second thought it probaly should fit that tight, maybe I just needed to file down the tin on the new builb. But anyways, I press really hard. And SNAP!
Ya, bad sound. Now my low beam reflector wobbles and is almost rubbing on the lens. What did I break and how do I fix it? Any ways.
Learned a lesson from this, just hope that lesson doesn't cost me too much.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Re: Help! I goofed up my headlight (groggory)

sorry ot say it but it sounds like you've actually broken part of the headlight.... take the headlight out(look in the DIY section for hlep on removing hte front bumper which is required), open up that part in the back, look in the best you can and try and figure out what went wrong.... unforuantely this probalby means ur going to end up buying a new headlight... but if its a simple chip or something mayb you could fix it w/ some epoxy.... good luck anyways

·
Registered
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bummer. Oh well, maybe I can pick up a pair used. I'll remove it (I have a bentley) and see what actually happened.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Re: (groggory)

do the Joey mod disassembly, and super glue the plastic nuts you broke.
I should slap you for being so impatient!

·
Registered
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it wasn't impatience, just ignorance....
Should that bulb go in really easy? Cause it felt like there was that spring clip that was helping me get it really snug. I dunno, I think the bulb I got might have been just a mm too big in Diam

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Re: (groggory)

Quote, originally posted by groggory »
it wasn't impatience, just ignorance....
Should that bulb go in really easy?
yes, just like a over the hill bunnyrancher!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts