VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been noticing for about a week how my car makes this "water swashing" sound when ever i turn my car left. It's like when i turn left the water moves to the right, and now i acually saw water dripping from the bottom of the dash (under the glove box) onto my passenger side floor.

The floor is soaked!!, i need help i dont know where the water is comming from.

· Registered
8,009 Posts
Re: Help i have a water leak inside the car! (IslandRidin~)

Your evap drain tube is clogged. Easy enough to clean it out.
Look at the firewall you will see 3 U shaped flaps.
The largest one located closest to the passenger side and behind the heat-shield cover over the exhaust header.
Pop the flap open and then pop the flap on the drain cap open. It is clogged with snot and needs to be cleaned out.
Search Dan J Reed for some pics.

· Registered
2,314 Posts
Re: (A2Euro)

Have you removed or played with the rain tray lately?
When I swapped motors in my mk3 a few years back, i put the rain tray back in, it "bent in the end" and water was getting in the fresh air vent.
my floor was SOAKED. i bent the rain tray back into place, and leak is gone, 2 years running.

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have no clue, but i found the "U" shaped flap, and used a small wire hanger and pulled out a **** load of wet black mess.
what still scares me is when i pulled out the mess no water came out...

I didnt run the A/C at all today, i just opened all the windows and the sun roof and i was pretty comfortable on the way home from school. Ill try running the A/C tomorrow morning, if i see any leaks then i guess we didnt clean it enuff.
What pissed me off about this was NO ONE knew what a ****ing pipe cleaner is. Lowes didnt have one, Homedepo didnt have one and Publix didnt have one. I was looking for a bendable 12" or less "christmas tree" pipe cleaner.

· Registered
2,197 Posts
Re: (IslandRidin~)

Quote, originally posted by IslandRidin~ »
What pissed me off about this was NO ONE knew what a ****ing pipe cleaner is.

Should have told them to look up their asses. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
26,305 Posts
Re: (IslandRidin~)

Quote, originally posted by IslandRidin~ »
What pissed me off about this was NO ONE knew what a ****ing pipe cleaner is. Lowes didnt have one, Homedepo didnt have one and Publix didnt have one. I was looking for a bendable 12" or less "christmas tree" pipe cleaner.

Us Ninjas shop at craft stores for them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.