VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went to Stevens Creek VW to have may CEL re-diagnosed and I got the "aftermarket stereo" line of BS! I even showed them an invoice showing that another dealership hooked up their 1551 and was able to diagnose the CEL no problem! So anyone who has gone to a dealership's service dept. and has a aftermarket stereo and didn't get hassled PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Re: HELP! I need a good dealership in or around San Jose CA! (BurnOut)

It's not B.S. If you have an aftermarket radio, and have not cut the "K-wire", you can fry the dealership's diagnostic tool, which costs them quite a bit of money. If you have cut the K-wire, you'll be ok. Pull the deck out to show them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: HELP! I need a good dealership in or around San Jose CA! (chris1257)

quote:[HR][/HR]It's not B.S. If you have an aftermarket radio, and have not cut the "K-wire", you can fry the dealership's diagnostic tool, which costs them quite a bit of money. If you have cut the K-wire, you'll be ok. Pull the deck out to show them.[HR][/HR]​
anyways...
Anyone want to help?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Look, I'm not denying that it is a problem; in fact I'm sure it is or VW wouldn't send out a tech-bulletin about it, but 1. I've already proven that my particular stereo doesn't cause this 2. You're not helping me with my question, but going off on a tangent. So please just drop it!
This might make me look like a meanie since Chris1257 decided to modify his earlier response, which is as follows…
Note: Do not reply to this message, it is a system notification.
A reply has been made to the following topic:
NorCal > HELP! I need a good dealership in or around San Jose CA!
-------------------------
The following reply was posted by chris1257:

I'm telling the truth dude. You can fry the scanner if the K-wire wasn't cut correctly. I'll try and find the TSB to show you.
-------------------------
Now anyone who wants to be helpful instead of trying to flex their (overly common) knowledge, please do.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts

Your initial post did not say that you knew what the problem was. If it did, I wouldn't have explained it. I was trying to be helpful. Not everybody knows about the K-wire problem.
Yeah, I did modify my post. I felt your rude response didn't deserve any reply that may be helpful.
A simple, "Thanks, I know about the k-wire problem" would be fine... but no, you have to go and be an ass about it.
quote:[HR][/HR]Now anyone who wants to be helpful instead of trying to flex their (overly common) knowledge, please do.[HR][/HR]​
Last time I checked, this site was to share knowledge that we have.
This is the last time I try to help anyone on this pathetic site... great design, STUPID users.

[Modified by chris1257, 4:22 PM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

[/QUOTE]Last time I checked, this site was to share knowledge that we have.
This is the last time I try to help anyone on this pathetic site... great design, STUPID users.

[Modified by chris1257, 4:22 PM 11-28-2001][/QUOTE]
Look, how can you consider it "help" when your responses have nothing to do with my question? It's people like you that get off topic and turn these threads into pathetic knowledge wars. What’s more is that in this case it was unprovoked. I didn't mention that I already knew about the K-wire because it didn't relate to my question. So, for the second time, drop it!
Moderator: Feel free to kill this thread as it now serves no purpose to me or anyone else.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Re: HELP! I need a good dealership in or around San Jose CA! (toddvwvr6)

call michael moore at Al sanchez. 408.842.9371 tell him Lee B. sent you, if not call and tlak to Chris h. at vokscafe 831.426.1244 either one will be more than happy to help out...

·
Registered
2,263 Posts

Yes, I wanted to start a knowledge war...
I wanted to help you out. Like I said earlier, your post didn't indicate you knew about the K-wire problem, so I told you. If it wasn't helpful to you, oh well. No need to go off at me over it.
And yes, the K-wire is very relevant to your question. That is the reason why some dealers give people hassle about aftermarket head units.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I don't know what compels me to drag this out any further, but...
My question wasn't "why are these A-holes hassling me about my after-market stereo" it was "can anyone tell me a good place to go that won't hassle me"
Maybe I was a little quick to pounce on you, and for that I am sorry. I'm just tired of everything turning into a knowledge war that doesn't go anywhere and helps nothing. So my initial response to you was an attempt to quell that very thing.
So, sorry, lets just drop it.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Re: HELP! I need a good dealership in or around San Jose CA! (Trixi_VW)

Trixi, thanks for injecting the much needed estrogen in this testosterone war... if you're looking for a stealership, Burnout, there's several, but the Dorito Bro's are prolly one of the biggest, but if you don't care, check out the Sunnyvale Veedub, or Capitol Expressway (if you must stick to the SJ area).
Everyone just sit back, have a
and relax...it's the weeked!

·
Registered
111 Posts

I had fairly good experiences with Sunnyvale VW. Have no real comparison though.
If you just need to read the error code, you can come by and hook up to my VAG COM.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.