VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,263 Posts
Re: HELP! I need a good dealership in or around San Jose CA! (BurnOut)

It's not B.S. If you have an aftermarket radio, and have not cut the "K-wire", you can fry the dealership's diagnostic tool, which costs them quite a bit of money. If you have cut the K-wire, you'll be ok. Pull the deck out to show them.

· Registered
2,263 Posts

Your initial post did not say that you knew what the problem was. If it did, I wouldn't have explained it. I was trying to be helpful. Not everybody knows about the K-wire problem.
Yeah, I did modify my post. I felt your rude response didn't deserve any reply that may be helpful.
A simple, "Thanks, I know about the k-wire problem" would be fine... but no, you have to go and be an ass about it.
quote:[HR][/HR]Now anyone who wants to be helpful instead of trying to flex their (overly common) knowledge, please do.[HR][/HR]​
Last time I checked, this site was to share knowledge that we have.
This is the last time I try to help anyone on this pathetic site... great design, STUPID users.

[Modified by chris1257, 4:22 PM 11-28-2001]

· Registered
2,263 Posts

Yes, I wanted to start a knowledge war...
I wanted to help you out. Like I said earlier, your post didn't indicate you knew about the K-wire problem, so I told you. If it wasn't helpful to you, oh well. No need to go off at me over it.
And yes, the K-wire is very relevant to your question. That is the reason why some dealers give people hassle about aftermarket head units.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.