VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it does this wierd thing where it feels like you turn the key off and then back on really quick but it has never stalled out completely i replaced the coil pack, and the engine speed sensor, i also tryed a new ignition switch. the new engine speed sensor seemed to fix the problem for a day or so, and then it did it again this afternoon. i dont know what is going on, i figured maybe one of you guys might have had a problem like this before, any ideas would be very helpful.
Thanks
Stuart

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Re: Help! I think its dying (BigStuster)

sounds simmilar to what happened to me a while back......wound up being my ECU

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Help! I think its dying (Iceman666)

uh oh. i hope its not that, would it be the whole ecu or just the chip that you replace when you replace the chip? i was planning on getting one soon... but this wasent what i was expecting

·
Registered
160 Posts

this happened in my old GTI turned out to be the wire between the alt and the battery was broken on the alt side and coming lose every once in a while. same symptoms tho.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Help! I think its dying (racingraddo)

hmm. ill check that out. i hope its something relatively easy and not too terribly expensive. lord knows i spend enough money on my car already!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

the codes ran on my car were the same as before i replaced my engine speed sensor, it was basically saying that it was eitherthe sensor or my ecu, i replaced the sensor and it is still doing it, so i would imagine that it is the ecu. if anyone knows of ANYTHING else it could be please let me know, or if anyone knows of a good place to buy an ecu for cheep, please let me know.
thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.