VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it does this wierd thing where it feels like you turn the key off and then back on really quick but it has never stalled out completely i replaced the coil pack, and the engine speed sensor, i also tryed a new ignition switch. the new engine speed sensor seemed to fix the problem for a day or so, and then it did it again this afternoon. i dont know what is going on, i figured maybe one of you guys might have had a problem like this before, any ideas would be very helpful.
Thanks
Stuart

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Help! I think its dying (Iceman666)

uh oh. i hope its not that, would it be the whole ecu or just the chip that you replace when you replace the chip? i was planning on getting one soon... but this wasent what i was expecting

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Help! I think its dying (BigStuster)

the codes ran on my car were the same as before i replaced my engine speed sensor, it was basically saying that it was eitherthe sensor or my ecu, i replaced the sensor and it is still doing it, so i would imagine that it is the ecu. if anyone knows of ANYTHING else it could be please let me know, or if anyone knows of a good place to buy an ecu for cheep, please let me know.
thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.