VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed that this circled item was not connected to anything, any idea what it is and should connect to? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
623 Posts
I assume the engine is a GX?
If you are not sure what is your engine code you can check this very easily. The Bentley service manual says: The code is stamped up front on top of the engine block, just below the lower edge of the cylinder head and located approx. between the No.3 and No.4 cylinders.

Regarding the connector from the photo you enclosed I suspect that is a connector to read faults from knock sensor control unit. It is located near the ignition coil. Is there only one wire there inside the connector? This is all my assumption based on seeing small photo you sent, to be 100% sure you can trace the wire(s) to see where it goes.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are not sure what is your engine code you can check it very easy. The Bentley service manual says: The code is stamped up front on the engine block, just below the lower edge of the cylinder head and located approx. between the No.3 and No.4 cylinders.

Regarding the connector from the photo you enclosed I suspect that is a connector to read faults from knock sensor control unit. It is located near the ignition coil. Is there only one wire there inside the connector? This is all my assumption based on seeing small photo you sent, to be 100% sure you can trace the wire(s) to see where it goes.

Hope this helps.
My car doesn’t have a knock sensor, good idea, I can trace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts