VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I get the car from the dealer's lot, won't start, he charges it.for a few second, it works....Then I decide to go to Canadian Tire to buy some jumper cables just in case....guess what...get back into my car, and it wont start. I get a guy to give me a boost, and it works fine !
Funny thing is when I first checked the car, it was fine. Started fine, went to a garage to get the suspension and muffler checked, started fine. The car hasn't been used since (one week)

I decided to drive for about 50 km on the highway to see if I would have any problems, such as battery dying on me and alternator going wacko, but tit held fine. another 25km in the city of stop and go, fine. I get home, turn the engine off, then back on in a second, it barely cranks. Stop again, wait 30 seconds, it wont start. Every attempt afterwards is a no go !
Now I know for a fact that it is a cheap battery I have. I am simply concerned that it might be an indicator of something more problematic such as wiring issues, or something else ? Should I be worried about the alternator or the starter ?
Also, my horn won't work (which has me worried). Everything else seems OK , besides the need for 2 tires, an alignement and front brakes.
BTW, the car is a 2 door 92 golf , shift, no air, no power anything (no power at all right now it seems)

Thanks for the advice,
J-F

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Help ! Just took possession of my new Golf...Now it wont start :( (The_Jerbel)

We'll see tomorrow...I hope that a new battery will do it....Anywhere else I should look ?

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Re: Help ! Just took possession of my new Golf...Now it wont start :( (JF)

it sounds to me like you just have a seriously drained battery that won't hold a charge worth sh*t. Replace it and if the problem persists, we will take DRASTIC measures
(just kiddin) hehe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.