VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Help locating the WUR on 88 scirocco

983 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Butcher 
#1 ·
I’m looking around trying to find the location of the WUR. I have tried tracing the fuel lines and have not found anything that looks like it. Any help would be appreciated for a newb to this kjet mess.

#2 ·
I found what is considered the WUR on my car and it is the control valve or fuel pressure regulator. Does anyone know if this is something that is at least advisable to adjust if suspected to be an issue? It has a screw on the mating face that looks like an adjustment but wasn’t sure if anyone knows about adjusting it.

#3 ·
As you figured out, there is no warm up regulator on an 88 Scirocco 16V.

The fuel system is CIS-e and they all ran fairly well when they left the factory. I certainly would not touch that adjustment unless you have the tools and knowledge of what you are doing.

As with all fuel systems, unmetered air leaks are the biggest issue. Have you had the intake system smoke tested? Most people cannot afford a smoke tester so I believe it's money well spent to get one done and if you could spend a few minutes looking over the mechanics shoulder to see where the smoke is coming from is priceless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.