VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i'm inb the process of taking of my tailights so i can do the diy smoked tails, but my problem is that every bolt and nut i took off they broke and i have one nut and bolt on the left side tail, but i think its striped or something, i can seem to get it off.. i already broke som of my taillight trying to pry it off thinking it will break too, but this is a pain in the ass.. any help appreciated
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Re: ******HELP!!!****** LOOK HERE!!!!!! TAILIGHT PROBLEM (compakt)

there should only be the 4 nuts inside the trunk to take off... I take mine off all the time and never have had a problem... I cant even see how you could break the actual housing from inside there anyways.... somethings not right with your lights man

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: ******HELP!!!****** LOOK HERE!!!!!! TAILIGHT PROBLEM (SilberBora02)

Quote, originally posted by SilberBora02 »
there should only be the 4 nuts inside the trunk to take off... I take mine off all the time and never have had a problem... I cant even see how you could break the actual housing from inside there anyways.... somethings not right with your lights man

there is 4 nuts and bolts on each tailight.. i have 1 lil nut and bolt that still wont come off and i just drove 7 miles with no tailights

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: ******HELP!!!****** LOOK HERE!!!!!! TAILIGHT PROBLEM (compakt)

argh, im such an idiot...
.. i used a standard socket wrench instea dof a metric LOL.. thats why the bolts broke.. i have the lights super glued on now.. time to go to a junkyard LOL

·
Registered
658 Posts
Re: ******HELP!!!****** LOOK HERE!!!!!! TAILIGHT PROBLEM (lyledriver)

Quote, originally posted by lyledriver »
You could break them by over tightening them...

Yes you can!! I found that out the hard way

1 - 6 of 6 Posts