VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
4,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that this has been discussed a million times,but then i didn't really care but now i do. I'd like to know what you guy's have used in replacing the active setup in youre a2's. I just picked up my new ride it looks as though the last few owners or whom ever removed the amps or what not that goes in there ,now I have the empty door casing,and I'd like to updrade the dash and rear shelf speakers. LMK what you guess used and what size and manufactorers and pics if you have any TIA
Quin

·
Registered
13,387 Posts
Re: help me choose speaker to replace active (bigquin)

I am either looking at Diamond Audio's M651 5.25 Component set, or the S500s, Possible a 5.25" set from Morel, or maybe the focal's 136K's. to go into my Corrado.
For all I know the door speaker size for the Aktiv in my corrado are roughly good for 5.25 without mods, biut I would caustion to test fit a set at a shop. As for the dash the corrado has everone says 4" which I would agree, yet seeing these are German cars, I would guess that they are 95-100mm speakers which = 3.74 to 3.93" Some where in that range.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.