VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys. Im looking into getting a 85 gti for $750. high miles but runs good. the only problem is, i want to make this my project car and rebuild the engine, turbo it, and make it really quick and fun for the weekends. will i be able to rebuild this car on a college budget you think? no pics cause the guy selling it says his cameras broken. any input would be great

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Ivy League or community college budget? You really haven't given us any information.

That being said, I say go for it.

·
Registered
18,689 Posts
can you change your own oil?
do you feel comfortable tearing down a motor and putting it back together again?
will this be your only transportation? or a second car?
are you good with technical diagrams?
can you read a wiring diagram?

"i want to turbo this" and "college budget" are a bit loose in their definitions.

also, are you afraid of rust?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i didnt give that much information. i had just found out about it and i was a bit excited haha. Yea i can do all the work needed. part of my issue was i know the apr stage 3 is like 6000. would that be the same turbo id put in this car. i havent researched the actual specs of the mk2 to much so thats why i was asking. an college budget i meant about 3k right off the bat and 300 a month after. for engine and tranny rebuild, turbo and all that requires, suspension, exhaust, the basics

1 - 4 of 4 Posts