VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Banned
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright. Here's the dillemma and I need some advice:

I've got this mk1. I love it. I already put monies into it, and I have awesome plans for it. Eventhough there are some MK1 snobs out there just WAITING for me to sell it!
The problem is, I currently dont have enough money to pay ANY of my bills, some might say im in "quite a pickle" Now I don't NEED this mk1, however I need monies to live.
Should I sell the mk1? Will I be extremely angry at myself after it is gone?
If I sell this one, what is the probability I will EVER find another NO rust, running bunny canvas for restoration project?

Should I sell other random crap in hopes of getting some money instead?

ONe answer you might say is...why dont you just get a job to get money!?!? WELL - I have a serious back injury from a bad car accident, I can physically only work part time for now, which is really the root of the entire problem.

· Registered
6,339 Posts
Re: Help me figure out my life! (nothingleavesstock)

sell the car. i was in your positon 6 months ago. i had this

and three months ago i bought this. but it was stock and 3 shades of white. now looks like this with a 16v waiting and a few other things.

Modified by rabbito at 10:01 AM 11-27-2006

· Banned
7,448 Posts
Re: Help me figure out my life! (rabbito)

This is the type of decision that no one else can make but you.
Where are your priorities?
If you need the money to keep a roof over your head and food in your mouth, and you have other means of transport in the mean time, I'd sell it.
If other options exist to get you out of this jam, a loan from a family member for instance, consider all of the options available to you.
If you sell it, you can surely find another. If it has sentimental value, see what else you can think of.
Make the choice that's right for you. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
3,767 Posts

i sold mine.. .but i was fortunate enoguh 6 months later to buy it back from my buddy i sold it to..... you will def regret it.... thats how i felt .... at the time i needed $$$ but like nothingleavesstock said cut back on food, healthinsurance which by the way open enrollment is going on now so you can decline that and just eat PBJ and drink water.... as my mom would always say get your priorties st8 mister! lol

· Registered
10,688 Posts

Quote, originally posted by nothingleavesstock »

get rid of cable tv, health insurance, don't go out, cut back on food...and have fun with your mk1 instead!!

sounds like my life! i have been watching simpsons and family guy and futurama DVDs for the past year! and eating once a day sometimes twice.
but i built a pretty sick race rabbit! with a nice 2.0/jh (eurospec head) combo!

· Banned
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (Muffler Bearing)

aghhhhh. Anyone want to buy some new cars? That would help me out A lot!

I have medical bills up the ass from my car accident which is REALLY throwing me off right now. And xmas is coming up soon, if my friends and family can deal with gifts from the dollar store, i'm good to go!

I dont want to sell the bunny. I have someone coming to look at it this weekend. If he doesn't buy it, then I wont avidly try to sell it.
I have like 5 coach bags, tons of TnCO jewelry, and a 1300 dollar poster hanging on my wall. I'm going to EBAY it up! And the best part is, I'm def not a girly girl, despite what some of you may think. So i dont need all the STATUS symbol crap. I'd rather have a **** brown bunny that I can play with.

For the past four years all I wanted was a mk2 or mk1 project car, but couldnt afford it being a college student and my previous boyfriend was EXTREMELY against it.
This one appeared out of the blue, sort of like fate, and is the PERFECT canvas to make it my own.
When I sold my first car I cried for weeks, watching it roll away, with someone else driving it was the worst feeling possible. I think I would be the same way with the bunny.

but yea, you guys are right for the most part. Got to wiegh my options here. Maybe I can hit up nana for cash, just to get me through the next few months, OR BETTER YET a sugar daddy!!!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by Be Five at 2:07 PM 11-27-2006

· Banned
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Help me figure out my life! (caddy 2 dope)

Quote, originally posted by caddy 2 dope »
be cool, stay in school

HAHA, ive been out of school for a while, was a finance manager rolling in dough, now i sell vw's for a living, PART TIME due to my current uncontrollable circumstances.

word of advice....if a speeding jetta with a 16 year old driver is coming at you, do ANYTHING you CAN to get out of the way. Broken Backs are not fun.

· Registered
3,678 Posts
Re: (Be Five)

Quote, originally posted by Be Five »

I have like 5 coach bags, tons of TnCO jewelry, and a 1300 dollar poster hanging on my wall. I'm going to EBAY it up!

you have all that crap and your considering selling your rabbit? i dont get girls and those stupid bags.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.