VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my gf's jetta is going into the dealership tomorrow. Her check engine light came on. Its a 2001 Jetta 1.8t w/ 47,000 miles on it. She got a letter for a recall for the brake light relay switch or whatever it is. She's gonna have that checked out, any other recalls/TIS's out there she should have done while its in?
When the service guy asked her model of car she said "its a 2001 VW Jetta 1.8t" and he goes "uh, why you gotta do this to me?!" any idea why he would say this? kinda makes one worry when the service person says this about your car

also, she bought the car a few months ago used w/ like 40,000 miles or so. She got it from a regular VW dealership in Greenwhich, CT (new country audi/vw i beleive) so its probably cpo'd (im assuming). does she have a warranty? anyone know? thanks a lot
mark

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
MAF sensors go bad thats all i can think about that would still be done by the dealer..
interior pealing was only good for 12k miles or 1 year.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Re: (slowpokejetta)

coil packs and window regulators. That was my trip to the stealer.
Just drop it off and get it all done with. It is annoying but better than having her window fall into the door in the middle of winter like me.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
coil packs and window regulators are recalls? so just tell them and it will be done free of charge? if this is a recall/TIS do you have the #? thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts