VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive already done searches on this topic..and it was no help.
My sunroof is working fine, it's just that I noticed that when I go to close it...the window doesn't close tight, the window just sits a little lower than what it used to. So now there is little leaks. And I can push the window up with my hand...
How do I fix this? And if i get desperate and go to dealership, how much will it cost?

eddie.

·
Banned
22,490 Posts
Re: help me with my roof... (eddiemiller)

My World and welcome to It!!
Its not pretty the Stealership wants clost to $1000 Canadian because the only replace they don't fix and the Labour is unreal Mine is jammed won't open at all becarefull it does not happen to you !! if yours works fine it might just be the felt areount the glass is worn though Try a palce like North Toronto Motors Thats where I'm going to go when I get up enough cash to fix it

·
Premium Member
35,022 Posts
Re: help me with my roof... (98silverGTIVR6)

not sure if mine leaks, but if i use moonroof then close it, i get a wind whistle.
if, from there, i open it (backwards) then close it, it seals correctly.
seems it doesnt seat correctly coming down from moon-roof mode.
that's my $0.00 fix.
~spoonie

·
Registered
718 Posts
Re: help me with my roof... (spoonie)

ther are 4 torx screws (2 per side), that allow you to adjust the glass up and down in the tracks. Just have somebody help you align the glass with the roof and then tighten the screws. it is not easy, I had several broken parts on my wifes 95 glx and removed the sunroof completely and replaced the parts,so i had to realign the glass.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: help me with my roof... (rknail)

quote:[HR][/HR]ther are 4 torx screws (2 per side), that allow you to adjust the glass up and down in the tracks. Just have somebody help you align the glass with the roof and then tighten the screws. it is not easy, I had several broken parts on my wifes 95 glx and removed the sunroof completely and replaced the parts,so i had to realign the glass. [HR][/HR]​
Do i have to remove the glass in order to tighten those screws??

eddie.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: help me with my roof... (spoonie)

quote:[HR][/HR]not sure if mine leaks, but if i use moonroof then close it, i get a wind whistle.
if, from there, i open it (backwards) then close it, it seals correctly.
seems it doesnt seat correctly coming down from moon-roof mode.
that's my $0.00 fix.
~spoonie[HR][/HR]​
when i use moonroof, and i close it...it is not a smooth close, it start to close, then all of a sudden it just slams down...

eddie.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.