VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started with what seemed like low boost or fuel press? ran ok now no boost or lower fuel press problem.The car starts right up and idles ok. If you floor the car it starts to act like its going to boost and then just falls on it self . I see coolent on the smaller hose (the one that connects from charger to the bottem of the tb and the car is also over heating it didn't do that until I had no power. Checked the oil for coolent but it was clean?

I don't know any thing about this car just picked it up If I cant fix will part..

· Registered
3,334 Posts
Re: HELP:My 1990 g60 wont move the car 5mph (337 Dan)

Are you getting coolant flow? Is both the upper and lower rad hoses getting hot? Is your rad fan coming on? Any strange noises coming from the charger? You will have to give us more info to help, but for now, bone up on the FAQ and get yourself the Bentley if you want to be able to fix it.
http://www.bentleypublishers.c...=vc94

· Registered
1,763 Posts

yea hard to tell from what you mentioned.
check the ecu vacuum hose on the back of the throttle body. make sure no vacuum line has popped off. had kinda similar problem once, would idle fine hit the gas and it wanted to stall. the vacuum line popped off.

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: HELP:My 1990 g60 wont move the car 5mph (Snowhere)

I will check on the coolent heat on the hoses, but not to worried about that I want to figure out why the car will bearly move . Charger dosent make any funny noises , but its has been painted red and the po that hade it before me did that and said it was rebuilt..

· Registered
3,945 Posts

You have the dreaded variable crankshaft timing. Your crankshaft timing sprocket is fooked and has sheared off the keyway. Now your timing is retarded so bad it will barely run.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.