VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I have a big problem with my G60 16v turbo.
I have a G60 block. The block has the original height.
I have a 16v head. The head ha the original height.
I have an original crankshaft with original lift.
I have S2 pistons and rods.
So why does the pistons crash with the valves ?
What can be wrong ? I have checked everything now.
I'm soon gonna put the original G60 rods and pistons back in, so i can drive a little bit this summer, if no one can help me out
(sorry my bad english)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Re: Help! My S2 pistons crashes with my valves on my G60 16v turbo! :( (Danna16vt)

Are you shure its hitting the valves? i know you need to grind the piston skirts some to get room for the oil squirters in the block.
If it hits the valves, it cant be timed correct.
Thomas
Project 16v Turbo Rallye

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Help! My S2 pistons crashes with my valves on my G60 16v turbo! :( (nitewlkr)

I am sure they are hitting the valves, because it's marks in the pistons from the valves...The work with the oil squirters is allright.
The timing is correct. I had a guy who knows this engines good, so he did it for me..
The head has been on a very quick N/A engine before..I have changed cams back to original KR.
But the pistons are 0,6 mm over the block edge at top dead center.
Original 16v are 1,2 mm over ?
Is this right ? The s2 pistons will give med 9,1:1 in comp. ratio, and the original 16v has 10,0:1, right ?

Modified by Danna16vt at 11:36 PM 6-23-2005

·
Registered
179 Posts
Re: Help! My S2 pistons crashes with my valves on my G60 16v turbo! :( (Danna16vt)

Several of my friends has used S2 pistons and rods without hitting valves. Shure the head hasnt been machined to increase comp while it was used as NA?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.