VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 GTI SE 6MT, 2021 Audi S4 Premium
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I go through the pairing process, my phone freezes with and the MFD display keeps showing a message like "phone initialization in progress", followed by a "failed to initialize" type of message. It still has partial functionality in the sense that if I dial a number from my cell phone, the call is made through the car (unless I disconnect the bluetooth).

Is there an available list of compatible phones? Do I have any recourse in getting this feature to work? I got this phone only a couple of months ago, so switching phones is not financially feasible.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
You wouldn't have any recourse the phone works for you so that's besides the point. Also are you saying that the phone does or does not make calls in the car for you?

·
Registered
2016 GTI SE 6MT, 2021 Audi S4 Premium
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You wouldn't have any recourse the phone works for you so that's besides the point. Also are you saying that the phone does or does not make calls in the car for you?
If I repeatedly press the big middle button on the phone to unfreeze it, I can dial a number from the phone itself and talk through the car's microphone, but I can't use any of the BT functionality through the MFD. Having to initiate calls from the handset defeats the whole purpose of having BT.

I guess I'll have to look into switching phones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.