VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off ill explain my whole setup. 97 Jetta 2.0: VR6 Bilstein/H&R setup, Autotech 28mm rear swaybar, front upper and lower autotech tiebars. Overall I think I have an excellent handling car. I use to run 205/40/17 kumho 712s which I thought was a good tire but I bent 2 wheels over a ****** winter(potholes everywhere). So my factory 14s wouldnt fit over my 11'' brakes. Ill get to the point I got 2 corrado wheels for the front w/ 205/50/15 Falken Azenis only on the front with my stock ****** 195/60/14s out back. I LOVE the handling of my car now, but in the rain the rear does come out and its unsafe. My question is if I put 2 more falken azenis 15s out back would it ruin the handling of my car, I find these tires kind of overkill but there cheap and dry traction is awesome. Or i was thinking of running 2 less sticky 205/50/15s out back to keep the balance I have now. Any input would help greatly as I need tires soon lol.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Re: Help my setup out please!! (WindsorBlueakapurple)

go azenis all the way around... w/ your autotech 28mm i don't think it's gonna be really stiff enuff in the rear to wag your tail, but maybe you can gain some light oversteer by playin' w/ tire pressures...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.