VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My repair shop cannot find the problem with my Golf with the 2.0 engine.
Once it starts to warm up a little, it misses badly between about 2000 and 3000 RPM. After it warms up even more, the problem lessens. If it sits for several 4-5 hours it comes back. So far, they have replaced the distributer and cleaned the trottle body. They have swapped numerous parts and found not that have affected this. They found me another main computer (used since I wasn't willing to take a very expensive bet on the new one that they wouldn't take back if it didn't fix the problem.) That didn't fix the problem. The latest try was described to me as a replacement of the device that tracks the position of the gas pedal. Again, same result. They've had my car once for about a month. Now I'm getting ready to take it back again. (They left the last ticket open since they weren't sure it really was fixed.) I think I need some more ideas for them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Help neeced (CNY_VDUB)

They said they tried an oxygen sensor off another car one time. The other thing I forgot to add is that this problem happens when the car is under aceleration, either when I have my foot on the pedal or when the cruise control is acelerating to get me up a hill.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Re: Help neeced (LConline)

Did they try both?? I have two on my car I believe. My old Audi 5000 had this problem. I would step on the gas and it would miss really hard or when cruise was on going up a hill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.