VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading a 1.8t diy, but have been informed that the 2 are nothing alike... Soo if any one know how to, please let me know... i have the moroso hose filler and the 19 to 21 psi cap< but the 2 hoses that directly come out from the coolant ball... that is where i am not sure what to do... I have searched every where and i can not find a DIY or even some one who has done this... If you know some one who has, send me there name soo i can ask them.. thank you in advanced

·
Registered
28 Posts
if im not mistaken the one line goes to the TB which you dont need at all and the other one is just so coolant can be sucked in if it gets too low so you dont need any of the two

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you man :thumbup::thumbup: !!! Bump, anyone else have an input on how to before i go ripping it out :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok I got the filler neck, cap and 2 line plugs. My question is what about the electrical connectors? Will they throw any codes when disconnected?

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
WTF? Why the hell would you delete your expansion tank? Leave it alone, it's there for a reason.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well if I didn't need it on my 66 elco why do I need it now. Also, less weight, clean bay, yada, yada, yada.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Actually the real reason is that I'm an engr. with mexhanical OCD so I'm just deleting things for no reason. AC and PS are already gone along with a ton of plastic. For ppl who like to work on their own cars it soooo much nicer when there is a little space

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok found in the 1.8t delete thread you just gotta short the wires in the plug to prevent the dash coolant light. One line goes to the TB and is capped. The other line goes to the hardline coming out of the block and can be capped. Is that it??? Sounds easy peasy....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, How do you get the coolant warning light to stop blinking? In the other posts they say to cut the plug to the coolant ball and splice them all together. That doesn't seem to work and cause the ebrake buzzer to ding constantly. I tried every combo but nothing works. Do I need to ground one of them instead?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts