VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short a motor mount mishap resulted in a CEL. I found the wire attached to this plug pinched between my front motor mount and the engine bracket. Here are some pictures to help. It is the white plug right under the motor for the radiator fan. Please help VR6 Gurus.

· Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: HELP Need to know what this engine plug goes to. (Blown Wide Open)

I had another guy tell me that it is a crank position sensor. I would much rather have the knock sensor wiring out than the crank position sensor wiring out.

· Banned
7,922 Posts
Re: HELP Need to know what this engine plug goes to. (dvs_b21)

Quote, originally posted by Blown Wide Open »

knock...knock...
PAtrick

who's there?

Quote, originally posted by dvs_b21 »
I had another guy tell me that it is a crank position sensor. I would much rather have the knock sensor wiring out than the crank position sensor wiring out.

If the crank sensor wiring was cut, the car wouldn't run http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
21,983 Posts
Re: HELP Need to know what this engine plug goes to. (reflexbug)

Is the car bogging and bucking? Same things happened to 1SickWhtDub when the insualtion wore off from rubbing on the radiator fan housing. He said he cleaned up the wiring and the car hasnt done that since. But who know.

I would get the car scanned if you have a CEL after that.

· Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: HELP Need to know what this engine plug goes to. (VDoubleUVR6)

Thanks for all the help. What I saw was that the wire that goes to the left in the picture off of that plug got caught between the motor mount and the engine bracket that it bolts to. Man that VR6 wreaks havok when it lets go. I have snapped 2 factory motor mounts and now lost the nylon lock nut for the VF Engineering front motor mount. I never had it do so much damage when I broke the others, but with that Peloquin in it is viscious. I will be going to see Lenny from L&T Enterprises tomorrow so I will let you guys know how it turned out.

· Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: HELP Need to know what this engine plug goes to. (...countblah...)

I was making sure the new stereo wasn't going to cause any power problems under hard acceleration so I launched like I was at the track from a stop light. I hit a quick 1st to 2nd only letting half way off the throttle and when I let the clutch out both tires broke loose and then whack. Yes I do like to punish my car every now and then, but I try to build it to take the abuse. The problem is that the nylon lock nut cam off the top threaded stud of my VF Engineering motor mount. It is almost certianly due to improper reinstallation either by me or the last shop that worked on it because a nylon lock nut should never back its way off.

· Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: HELP Need to know what this engine plug goes to. (dvs_b21)

All righty then we have a winner. It is the crank position sensor, and it is working properly. I had the car scanned at Autozone because it is free and all they pulled was a cylinder 2 misfire. The car runs great now so who knows.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.