VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently did a 16v conversion in my 81 scirocco. All maintinance parts are new and have been looked over to make sure they are not causing my issue. Has a terrible miss on WOT, but at idle it purrs nicely. This issue will go away rarely like this weekend I picked the car up and it was incredibly quick with no misfires. Its a big downer, Ive checked timing and mixtures. Could it possibly be a bad ignition coil or a ignition control module? Sometimes sitting at idle the rpm gauge will go into a frenzy and then work properly again, I bring this up becuase the tach gets its signal from the coil.

any ideas will be greaty appreciated!

· Registered
3,196 Posts
The tach will jump due to bad grounds.
I ran grounds from a stud on the back of the engine to the electrical system and the chassis.

· Administrator
'20 R1250 GSA, '19 A7 Prestige, 06 Saleen Mustang Coupe, '89 Tristar Syncro TDi, '80 Scirocco "S"
21,799 Posts
How about a weak fuel pump? If the car couldn't accumulate enough pressure at the fuel head it would cause starvation at higher RPMs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.