VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you all may remember my last post about the bov on the g60. i got good responses but now comes the time to install it. i traded my friend some audio stuff for a turbo xs rfl bov. my question is can anyone wallk me through the install? i have no clue as to how to do it or as to what i need besides the bov itself. pics would be great and a detailed explination would be http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
too. let me know guys im sure there are others on here wondering the same thing.

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: help needed asap! bov install on g60 (xVWPOWERx)

un buckle the boost return linkage on the TB (take it off yes), maybe port it too.
hell remove the boost return blade if you can lol.
use a house coupling to hande the RFL upside down.
run a vacuum line from your favorite vacuum source tap.
get that nifty recirc kit ghia is selling, and chuck the return line hose.
be ready for lights on/off boost response

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
Re: help needed asap! bov install on g60 (mrkrad)

Quote, originally posted by mrkrad »

its getting annoying. starting to want to take my bov off

do a search on bov and there will tons of pics and how to's

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
Re: help needed asap! bov install on g60 (mrkrad)

Explain why the linkage needs to come off, I'm just wondering becuase I have not heard of this before?
Ok I hope that BOV came off of a G60 or you'll be in trouble, you will need to source 2 diff size hoses to make it work. First youll need 2.75 I think to go around the neck on the bov, then you'll need 3 inch to go over that and which will also fit over the lip on the bottom of the TB. I don't know if those are the exact hose sizes I can't remember at the moment, but anyways you'll need some big/wide hose clamps too. Then you'll need 3/8 hose to run from the bottom of the BOV to were ever, I put mine on the FPR line with a t-fitting. IIRC it a 3/8 to 3/16 T-fitting, just take off the vaccum hose and take it with you to the auto store. Block off your charger like this and your set, also take out all of the washers in the BOV. YOu also might want to put in 2 large sprinkler springs instead of the spring it comes with.
Quote, originally posted by mrkrad »
un buckle the boost return linkage on the TB (take it off yes), maybe port it too.
get that nifty recirc kit ghia is selling, and chuck the return line hose.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Re: help needed asap! bov install on g60 (1967ghia)

To adapt the bov I used goodyear radiator hose I sourced from a semi truck supply place. It's holding up great and it doesn't split under the clamping pressure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts