VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I REALLY REALLY NEED ANYBODY'S HELP. THE HOOD CABLE RELEASE OF MY C BROKE (FROM THE LEVER END). MY BROTHER AND I TRIED TO YANK THE CABLE AND WAS ABLE TO RELEASE THE PASENGER SIDE HOOK. THE DRIVER SIDE IS STUCK. I BELIEVE THE CABLE CAME OF IT'S "TRACK" CAUSE NO MATTER HOW HARD WE PULL, IT WON'T RELEASE. WE TRIED TO REACH AS FAR AS WE GO, BUT CAN'T SEEM TO RELEASE IT. IT'S A VERY, VERY TIGHT SPACE TO WORK WITH. HEADLIGHTS, RADIATOR, ETC. ARE IN THE WAY. I WAS ABLE TO TAKE OF MY GRILL, BUT NO LUCK TO RELEASE IT.
IF ANYBODY HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS, PLEASE REPLY. REALLY NEED TO OPEN THE HOOD. YAH.... I GOT MORE PROBLEMS TO DEAL WITH....

·
Registered
833 Posts
Re: HELP NEEDED!!! CAN'T OPEN HOOD.... (Capro)

cleanest way to do it is to take off front bumper and then try to pull release lever with a long screwdriver. I had this happen to me twice..
it sux and I have Euro Light and ottenger grill that i was not destroying........

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Re: HELP NEEDED!!! CAN'T OPEN HOOD.... (BarneeVRTEC)

the best thing to do to open your hood is to remove the lower grille in the front of the car and reach your arm up just to the right of the VW symbol and reach for the hood release cable. it's not all that thick but it's plastic coated and about 1/4" in diameter. give that a pretty god pull it'll prolly come down about 4 inches beforew the hood wil release, once you get it open rig strings or something to open your hood and take it to be fixed or put hood pins that's what i did cause the cable won't last too long doing this

·
Registered
90 Corrado, 97 B4 TDI, '10 CC 4 MO
4,371 Posts
Re: HELP NEEDED!!! CAN'T OPEN HOOD.... (Ca$h)

quote:[HR][/HR]Note: G60 owner with problems. Corrados are still cool. That is all.
- Ca$h[HR][/HR]​
Whatever

Back to being of some help:
If you can release the passenger side, the drives side should also pop for you. There is no cable track, it is just a cable in a sleve.
Have someone yank on the cable, enough to release the right side.
Then have someone try the FONZY technique. Smack the hood with your fist right above the driverside headlight.
I used to do this with mine all the time.
Don't forget to say Ayyyyyyeee.... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif as you hit it or it won't work

·
Registered
14,467 Posts
Re: HELP NEEDED!!! CAN'T OPEN HOOD.... (Ca$h)

quote:[HR][/HR]Note: G60 owner with problems. Corrados are still cool. That is all.
- Ca$h[HR][/HR]​
Well now that we got the usless comments out of the way.
Take of your grill, and your hood release cable runs ove rthe top right(right if you are facing the car, its the driver side) of the radiator, you can use a hanger bent so it has a little hook on the end and grab the cable and pull...

·
Forum Elder
14,571 Posts
Re: HELP NEEDED!!! CAN'T OPEN HOOD.... (8vcorradog60)

It sounds like the clip that holds the cable housing to the lever has broken. If this is the case, there is no need to fark with your grill or headlights. Take a pair of small vice grips and clamp the black cable housing down to the zinc plated lever bracket, basically holding just the housing in place. This will allow you to pull the lever as you always have until you get a new clip.
535 823 567 Clip (Or clamp)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.