VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im swapping a 16v from a 89 GTX into my 90 1/2 golf and was wondering if all the parts would be compatible. I know the CV's need to be changed over to 100mm but other than that im clueless. I tried searching but everything so confusing. Newbie syndrome i guess.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Re: Help on my swap pleeeeeeeease (thedubclubIan)

i assume that the golf is an 8v?? if so i was told a few times that using motronic will help a lot, especially with wiring and the fusebox stuff good luck

·
Registered
142 Posts
Re: (thedubclubIan)

It is the injection/ computer set up that came on most 90-92 gti's and gli's 2.0
I know it came on other year passat's as well but I don't know which ones. You need to first figure out what set up you have in your car now. You probably have an 8v digifant 2 setup. Where you go from there is where the adventure starts. If you can get or have the motronic set up I'm told that is the one you want, but others will work too. I have a 90 jetta gl with the 8vdigi2 that I am going to put an 1.8 16v from an 88gli that had cis. I'm going with the digi because it will be easier, as opposed to converting the digi car to cis. (cis is basically the early version of motronic, the set up with the braided lines coming off the top of the air box)
Good luck http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Any corrections are welcome

1 - 4 of 4 Posts