VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a reallly bad vibration when rolling. It feels like a axle wants to throw itself out from the car. Both are new(just replaced them) wheel bearings are new. Started out pretty mild only when turning left in fairly heavy cornering. Slowly got worse as a few days passed. I jacked it up a couple nights ago to see if I could see anything and found nothing. No loose wheels, bearings or struts. When I put it back down and went for a drive, the vibration was worse. I have since changed both axles and no go. I drove it for a while today and it slowly got worse. Now it happens nearly all the time and gets really bad when I turn left. Kind of violently rubbing or shaking. PLease help, I am all out of ideas, any suggestions would be extremely helpful. thanks.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Re: Help please ...bad vibration (CorruptA2)

You checked everything but the ball joint my friend. That will cause this and be very bad if it breaks while driving (can we say no steering?)
Check those and might as well replace both, cause your gonna need an alignment anyways.
edit: fixed my bad spelling hehe

[Modified by Tinyavenger20, 9:16 PM 1-25-2003]

·
Registered
6,822 Posts
Re: Help please ...bad vibration (CorruptA2)

Does the shifter wobble back and forth? Could be the ball joint if all the bolts are indeed tight on the driveshaft. Had the same thing happen to me and the axle was a new axle.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Re: Help please ...bad vibration (Speed Racer.)

Okay replaced the ball joints and everything went away... For awhile. Its happening again guys and it's only been a couple weeks. ???
Perhaps my cv bolts are loose. I'll check tomarrow. Any suggestions otherwise?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Re: Help please ...bad vibration (rypivolks)

i noticed some bad vibration and went through the same steps you did. I started looking for vibrations elsewhere and found that there was a bolt missing from the ac compressor mount, and the starter/front motor mount. the ac was a little harder to see and fix - actually, i still haven't- its going in the shop next week to get replaced and recharged.. the vibration from the ac mount was horrible, and the belts didn't squeal, so it was interesting to track down.
I actually thought it was the bearings in my tranny for awhile..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts