VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ABS light comes on as well as the brake light while driving for 2 -3 Sec.
AC shuts off for that period too. Does anyone knows whats going on?
How can I trouble shoot and how can I solve it.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Re: HELP Please. My ABS light comes on as well as the brake light while d ... (jjdgtivr6)

well I know exactly what your problem is. It is your ingniton...either your ignition need to be replaced or one of the ignition switches. I have this problem but mine is worse. My abs and brake light are off all the time...eventually your driving lights cut off your windshield wipers don't work, AC, and alot of other things that are controlled by ignition.

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
Re: HELP Please. My ABS light comes on as well as the brake light while d ... (frprado)

definately sounds like the same problem i was having 2 weeks ago, I would replace the ignition switch first
http://www.zpipedragon.com/ignition_switch.htm
the very good instructions I followed http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif only really odd tool you will need is a "puller"

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: HELP Please. My ABS light comes on as well as the brake light while d ... (Levish)

Thank you very much. I'll do it this weekend.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: HELP Please. My ABS light comes on as well as the brake light while d ... (jjdgtivr6)

I change it this weekend. Now it seems that all the AC, ABS, fan and othe problems went away.
One problem. After I put back together, the Airbag light blinks once and stay on all the time. THe light will be reset after some time?

Do I need to take the airbag and check the connection and put it back together?

Or do I need to go to the dealer so they clear the code with the computer.
Thanks in advance for any sugestions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts