VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im pretty new in the volkswagen area. i have a 337, and i was driving home today and noticed my car became extremely loud.and driving pretty rought. i thought it was an exhaust problem so once i got home i looked under the car and the exhaust was intact. so i popped the hood and the engine i sitting a few inches lower on the passenger side!
im extremely worried about it. could it be the motor mount or what? if so how much is it to fix and can i do it on my own? i thank every one for the feed back!

·
Registered
25,085 Posts
Re: HELP!!! possible motor mount broken (tx-gti337)

got a picture? what happens when you shake the motor? have you jacked it up yet?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
i wouldnt drive it like that.... could cause problems for the trans or the axels or whatnot im not sure on that so someone correct me if im wrong.... ya grab the motor somewhere and shake it really good and see it moves fairly easy...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

ok well i got the mount put all back together, and the engine back in the bay where it belongs. but...went to take the car for a drive to make sure it was ok. car ran fine at low speed/low RPM. i opened it up a little bit and heard a giant woosh of air and the car instanly went limp and has a horrible studdering idle
. managed to get the car home and found out that it was a loose hose leading to the back side of the pancake pipe for the intercooler. i reattached that and took it out for yet another spin. only to find out the car runs fine at low RPM but once it reaches 2500 to 3000 where the turbo would normally spool, the power planes off and it stops pulling
. it doesnt go limp it just doesnt pull. you can here the turbo spool but it doesnt go any where. the car is APR chipped and has an AEM cold air intake. please help i dont know what to do!

·
Registered
2,521 Posts

Do you have a boost gauge? If so, what are you running?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: HELP!!! possible motor mount broken (nidex)

no i dont have one, i know its pretty stupid of me not to have one. any ideas of what it could be. cuz im completely stuck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: (slowonder)

no its not blowing any smoke that i know of. maybe a diverter valve? i get no pshh when i shift either? i dont see how the could have been effected by the engine falling.
. regardless i think im going to take it down to VW tomorrow and pay a million dollars to get it scanned. any other help is welcome!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Re: (tx-gti337)

you sure all your charge pipes are connected tight? The brake light coming on and flashing means your low on fluid.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: (dmonitto)

well i disconnected the battery in hopes that it might reset the computer and it seems to have worked. the car is holding boost to what i believe it did before all this happend. i think i might invest in a boost gauge to conferm this. i think im gonna get it scanned anyways just to be sure. any one in the dallas metro area have a vag com that might be willing to scan for me? and what kind of break fluid do i need to refill? a big thanks to every one that has givin me advice, you have all been a huge help!

·
Registered
4,102 Posts

Quote, originally posted by tx-gti337 »
ok well i got the mount put all back together, and the engine back in the bay where it belongs. but...went to take the car for a drive to make sure it was ok. car ran fine at low speed/low RPM. i opened it up a little bit and heard a giant woosh of air and the car instanly went limp and has a horrible studdering idle
. managed to get the car home and found out that it was a loose hose leading to the back side of the pancake pipe for the intercooler. i reattached that and took it out for yet another spin. only to find out the car runs fine at low RPM but once it reaches 2500 to 3000 where the turbo would normally spool, the power planes off and it stops pulling
. it doesnt go limp it just doesnt pull. you can here the turbo spool but it doesnt go any where. the car is APR chipped and has an AEM cold air intake. please help i dont know what to do!

sounds like the N75 is bad, does it give u any code?
and u have boost gauge?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts