VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm desperate on this one. I was repairing the window regulator using the repair method outlined in this forum. Power wouldn't come back, so I disconnected the connector at the pillar to see if that was the problem. The female end came loose and I could not get the plug end back in, so I tried to drill a small hole behind it so I could push a screwdriver in to hold the connector in place. I guess I punctured the air line going to the door lock. Now the door locks just hiss when I try to unlock. So I figure I have to repair the hole I made and then get a new connector. To do this I have to remove the trim. I have the manual, but I can't seem to get it off.
1) Please help me. I'm ready to chuck this car.
2) Can I buy the connector separately or is it part of an entire harness.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Help: Punctured Air Line for Door Locks - 99 Jetta (richanton)

OK, here's a non-panicked update.
1) I got the sill off, but now I'm stumped on how to get the B pillar off.
2) Maybe I didn't puncture the line, it could be that the connector just wan't mated. It appears that the air line is just a small 1/4" blue hose. Can't believe I could have found that line to puncture it with the drill. Maybe the connector just fell apart.
3) Has anyone tried to eliminate the female connector altogether, just run the blue air line right into the male connector, and splice the electrical wires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.