VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i tried to remove the rear driver side wheel and after removing all the lugs, i was pulling it out like i am supposed to. I used most of my body weight trying to pull the wheel out and it just won't come out. My front wheels come out just fine. I havent checked the one on the rear passenger side yet. Am i missing something here? The wheel was well off the ground, its just no matter how hard i pull it would not budge
. Any ideas why its stuck in there?

· Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Help Rear Wheel stuck (Madbora)

when i have time i will try that, but the thing is there is no gap open for wd-40 to get into there. I guess i can try spraying there and maybe it'll get through but i doubt it. I dont see any other way to take off the wheel unless i pry it off with a tool and damaging the wheel or something else.
Thx
Any advice is good advice

· Registered
309 Posts
Re: Help Rear Wheel stuck (ikuto)

ive had this problem before. wd40 would be your best option. if that just doesnt work, you can GENTLY tap the back of the rim (as close to the center as possible) with a rubber mallot. That will usually break it free.
another idea is to try to pull the wheel off while the rotor and wheel are hot. That works sometimes too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.