VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to know what would disable the locking/unlocking doors w/ remote
Or is there a way to reset the alarm system?
Problem: I removed entire front dash assembly to place strips of dynamat to eliminate the rattling. Putting everything back together, the alarm doesn't work, and my remote for the alarm doesn't unlock / lock doors (basically it's useless).
The only thing that I did differently now is i tapped into the cigarette lighter power source for a constant power to my headunit. I remove the faceplate so the head unit isn't on when i leave my car....would constant power to headunit disable the alarm?
The removal of the dash is a pain in the ass. You have to remove, driver side airbag and steering wheel, instrument cluster, hvac/stereo console, center console, glovebox and slide off the whole dash assembly.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Re: Help - remote doesn't arm/disarm car & dash rattles fixed! (OoNaveLoO)

It says how to do it in the owner's manual.
I think it's something like press lock and unlock at the same time, and hold for 3 seconds. Then use the key in the door to lock or unlock and it will reset...
something like that.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Tried that resetting the key stuff...still no alarm at all, no led's to tell you if it's armed.
I'm going to hafta try pulling the console out again and undoing the tap to my stereo that's currently tapped into the cigarette lighter power wire.
If that doesn't work, then i'm going to hafta open up the steering column to see if all the harnesses are connected even though I remember putting all harnesses back into their respective spots.
Took a drive today and no dash rattles at all up front cabin. But the rear cabin will need some fixing.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

It's fixed!
Tip: don't connect your stereo to the power wire(red) on the cigarette lighter. Once I removed that, the alarm came back alive.
I also re-centered the steering while I was at it.
I'm happy w/ my car once again. Without the loud annoying dash rattles up front, i love my car even more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.