Re: HELP: Removing the ISV on a G60!! (zedcorrado)
it is the metal cylinder that sits over the valve cover and connects to the intake manifold by a short rubber hose...
1) disconnect electical connection
2)remove the rubber hose from the intake man. that connects to the ISV
3)take the ISV off of the mount that has a rubber grommet wrapped around the thing
4) then remove the hose at the other end of the ISV
5) do with it what you please, but i recommend cleaning it first before you buy another one...
1)get a plastice bag and cover the electrical end of the ISV and ruber band it tight (or hold it tight)
2)make sure you're in a ventalated area, like out side, cause vapors are harmful and will drop to the floor
3)get your can of BrakleeN brake parts cleaner and spray into the valve as many ways and directions as possible alternating.
4) continue to spray until the BrakleeN falling out of it is then clear
5) to reinstall fallow prior directions in reverse http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
A forum community dedicated to all Volkswagen owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, builds, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, new releases, and more!