VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok that damn la cucaracha song will NOT stop playing in my car...usually it will just play when the door is open w/ the keys in, or when I need to put my seatbelt on...but now it won't stop...

sometimes it will kind of crackle...then stop, then start again at random...it seems to me like a wiring problem...maybe near the seatbelt...maybe somewhere else, I have no clue.
but what I wanna know is...since there is nothing wrong w/ my car...how do I GET THIS DAMN NOISE TO STOP. heh...
Isn't there some fuse I can pull or something to make it stop? Pleeeease help me...I gotta drive like 2 hours tomorrow and theres no way I can do it with that song playing non stop.

·
Registered
19,695 Posts
Re: HELP! Sound won't stop! (DJHaveK)

If you listen very carefully to where the sound is coming from, you will find the speaker. Pull it out, Viola, no more obnoxious sound!

·
Premium Member
7,915 Posts

Sounds more like you have a bad door switch. The same thing happened to my car. The switch gets corroded or otherwise messed up, and makes it seem as though the door is open.
A new one is about $10 at the dealer if I remember correctly...

·
Registered
289 Posts

Out of curiosity check to see if the sound is coming from the steering column on the left side. If it is grasp the steering wheel column plastic cover gently and see if moving it side to side changes it.
I had a similar sound from what I thought was the chime for about 6-8 months. I thought it was the chime but turns out its something in the steering column, most noticeably when its cold or when it starts. I still havent figured out what it is.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

hooray! I pulled the speaker out, my sanity is saved!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts