VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys what have you tried and liked? Im looking for some new pads for my 10.1 inch setup on my 16v rocco II. Something for use in fast road that will hold up at the auto X too! What do you think PBR, pagid,axxis mintex ? Where to buy would also be appreciated

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
Re: HELP!! The 16v rocco needs some performance brake pads but which?? (bahnblitz)

Im using Mintex red box pads and i like them not sure if there a real performace bad or just a good stock replacemnt.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Re: HELP!! The 16v rocco needs some performance brake pads but which?? (bahnblitz)

I am running PAGID pads front/rear with zimmerman OEM sized rotors and High temp DOT 4 fluid and SS goodridge lines
it stops awesome. no fade at all.
If i did it again - i might buy the 11" front rotors - but i am really happy with my brakes.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Re: HELP!! The 16v rocco needs some performance brake pads but which?? (rockin16v)

Ferodo DS2000 pads on 11" fronts. I've been very happy with Ferodo pads for years now... had one unfortunate fling with Metalmasters prior to that. Not a great pad.

·
Registered
14,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: HELP!! The 16v rocco needs some performance brake pads but which?? (Star Child)

Should I throw on the stainless lines I have too? Do they make that big of a difference?

·
Registered
7,975 Posts

They don't make a massive difference but you should notice a difference in the firmness of your pedal under heavy ish braking. For what it's worth, i've got ATE powerdiscs and EBC greens on mine and they work really nicely!

·
Registered
14,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: HELP!! The 16v rocco needs some performance brake pads but which?? (polov8)

I hear bad things such as they are illegal to use on the street! Im more afraid removing the old brake line more than anything

1 - 7 of 7 Posts