VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All...
I am new to the Volkswagen world. I recently bought a 99 GTI VR6. I was wondering if anyone new the stocking piping size? Im hoping its atleast 2", being a 6 cylinder. Any help would be appreciated. Also if anyone has suggestions on my first 3 upgrades, they are more then welcome to post. Thanks for the help in advanced!

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Re: Help the Newbie!!! (VDubGTI_VR6)

drop it like its hottt!!
suspension first
then maybe a nice cat back exhaust
rims!
good luck and welcome to vortex
once you start you cant stop!!!

let the modding begin!!

·
Registered
5,367 Posts

read the forums for a while. use the "search" figure out what you want. do it once & do it right -cause it get very expensive fast.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Re: Help the Newbie!!! (petesell)

my $0.02-
1-minor cosmetic mods(ie tail lights, detailing, lighting,etc.) while deciding what expensive mode you want to do
2-Suspension(considering what shoes your thinking about)
3-shoes
4-exhaust/engine
It really depends on what you want first...show or go. I got greedy and wanted to get rims first. So its taken me @ 3 months to save the $$ but now I'm going to do rims(18 "oettinger re's) and suspension(H&R cup kit). I was thinking about cutting corners w/ the susp(ie springs now, shocks later). to save cash, but I closed a few more deals and decided to do it right. I'm impatient, but I think it pays to be patient and do thing correctly the first time or you just waste time and $$. Don't be in a hurry, like me.

Modified by bdh18 at 9:58 PM 7-1-2003

·
Registered
4,628 Posts

My order went something like this:
1. cosmetic changes - tint, smoked taillights, and smoked corners
2. suspension
3. wheels and tires

1 - 6 of 6 Posts