VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The shop I called to install has Lumar and Solargard 15% and 35% only. He suggests going with 15% citing that most SUV's have 15%. I can't do the front windows - cops give you a razor blade to take it off.
If you were doing the rears only, would you go with the darker 15%?
Also, how are you ending up with strange numbers like 18% and 31% etc? Is the factory tint added to the aftermarket tint? What is the factory tint anyway?

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Re: Help - Tint question - need answer quick!! (Dubstein)

I go the darkest legal,
xcept for windshield, that is illegal

·
Registered
46 Posts
Re: Help - Tint question - need answer quick!! (Dubstein)

I have no idea where the weird percentages come from (is it the amount of light that is let through?) but I just had mine tinted and I've got 28% on the driver and passenger front windows, and 18% on the rest of the windows. The shop I went to told me that basically any tint on the front two windows is illegal but if the Man can see you through the tint, he generally won't give you a ticket. You have to do something else wrong, then you will get two tickets, one for the tint and one for ??
I know people have gone darker, but truthfully, you can't see into my back windows, even in the sun, and if they were any darker I am sure that I would back up into something at night. You really can't see much through 18% tint at night besides headlights... my two cents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.