VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hope someone can help me i have a 90 g60 and the darn top radiator hose thing were u put the coolant in at those bolts are stripped and its leaking out fluid.. i cant get the bolts out ...did this ever happen to anyone else ..do i need to buy a new rad now ...thanks vortex UMMMMMMMM JB WELD??

·
Registered
11,641 Posts
Re: help!! top radiator bolts stripped? (vW123)

What bolts are stripped? And where are you putting coolant in?
If you have to add coolant, you should be putting it in through the expansion tank, which is the softball-sized tank near the back of the engine bay on the driver's side.
Do you mean the bolts that hold the little elbow to the top of the driver's side of the radiator? The elbow that the upper radiator hose attaches to?
Are the bolt heads stripped, or are the holes that the bolts thread into stripped?
-Nate

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: help!! top radiator bolts stripped? (SaabFan)

Yeah sorry i am not that bright about this stuff sometimes.. ok heres the whole story to maybe help figuer this out .. driving down 195 in philly and the constuction is backing traffic up and i no my car ran hott so i keep an eye on the mfi? thing that tells me how how the oil is..since my coolant gauge is broke!! and it keep goin up and up untill about 270 ???and then once is got to 280 i seen smoke comeing out the hood like crazy and pullyed over (of coarse) and i seen all my coolant leaking on the highway ...and i poped the hood and it was so dark i couldnt tell what was wronge so after being on the highway for like 2 hours and watching everyone look at the raddo like POS and saying shyt liek hahahaha i got the car towed home and the next day i looked for the problem i found out someone playa rigged a heater core hose that goes to the driveres side part of the head?? so as i am taking the hose off i dont see any holes in it but once i get that hose offf grrrr
i found out that the freaking flange on the head was snapped and broke of into the hose..blablablahhhhh i went to vw and got the parts and put em on and found another bad leak from the top rad hose WHERE THAT ELBOW CONNECTS TO THE RAD.. I JUST LOOKED AND THE BOLTS ARE STRIPPED WHERE THE BOLT THREADS IN AT TO THE RAD ????..
Are the bolt heads stripped, or are the holes that the bolts thread into stripped?
-Nate
sooo i just got fireed from my job and have 10 bucks and now i need a radiator??dohhhhhhhh
help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.