VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help me please...
i recently had a window regulator break.... the window fell down... ok here is the question... the window regulator has no control of the window going down, but if the regulator is in the down position, i can not just push the window back up,i physically have to press the window up button then push the window up by hand.
i was wondering if anyone has had similar experiences.. i have yet to have a chance to pull out the regulator, but i did jam something in there for the meantime.. and i did notice a broken round piece of plastic... anyone know about these regulators??

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Re: Help!!! window regulator problem.... (Horace Pinker)

odds are your going to have to get a new regulator... cuz they usually only sell them as whole pieces... i had the exact same prob and just replaced it... try looking arround tho http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif good luck! let us know if ya find anything!

·
Registered
8,831 Posts
Re: Help!!! window regulator problem.... (BC Dub)

the plastic peice doesn't explode...it warps and melts....If the metal regulator was sold separately then it could be a replacement for the plastic one, the problem is that by the time you think your regulator is shot, the gears have been grinding down to nothing and the whole assembly needs to be replaced minus the motor....I've done this 3 times

·
Registered
2,929 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]try a search, plenty of information there
[HR][/HR]​
Well thanks for gettin lippy but [Dr. Evil] How 'bout no, ya crazy dutch bastard![/Dr. Evil]
The last time someone asked the window regulator question, somebody else posted up a giant picture of a nuclear explosion. I thought it was really funny... anyway the reason I recommended the search was because you can't get ALL the information you want out of one new thread. Search is where it's at. (and sometimes I forget too
)
So as you can see I was trying to help.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Can somebody please post the picture of what a B4 regulator looks like when it explodes? I can't find it.
[HR][/HR]​
Oh look I found it myself.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts

LOL nice picture

When my window dropped (due to window being down & door slammed hard), the track was kinda bent. Atleast I think you'd call it the track, it would click and bang but not go up striaght. BTW it was a pain in the arse to replace. Watch out for the sharp metal edges...

·
Registered
2,929 Posts

Ya ya it's all cool. I wasn't trying to tell you where to go, just that I don't know the first thing about the b4 regulator problem, but when I was searching for my b3 regulator problem, I saw alot of b4 stuff. Sometimes the search doesn't work as you'd like it to anyway.
Gotta call a truce on this little flame war

And that picture is hilarious!

·
Registered
186 Posts

I have replace my regulator about 2 mths ago, I have the pics of the remove/replace on a disc.............somewhere. I will try to find the photos this weekend and hopefully post sometime Sunday.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts