VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently replacing all the wearable items in my front and rear suspension and installing Bilstein Sport/H&R Sport combo. I would like to know opposed to an alignment to stocks specs can anything be done to help with handling in the turns w/o chewing up my tires really fast. This will be on a daily driver that hits up the canyons and twisties on the weekends. I read in an article in EuropeanCar that adding a little toe-in with help with handling. How much is a little? I know camber can't really be adjusted(it can w/ the subframe to a certain degree) so that may be out of the question, anything else?

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
Re: Help with Alignment #'s (markymark420)

on my MKIII VR6 GTI i found -1.3 degrees of front camber gave great grip and nice wear. this was an incredible compromise, to say the least. to put it in perspective, i put 40k miles and about 3-4 track events a year. so i had both severe abuse and lots of freeway trips to analyze things.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Help with Alignment #'s (M this 1!)

Quote, originally posted by M this 1! »
on my MKIII VR6 GTI i found -1.3 degrees of front camber gave great grip and nice wear. this was an incredible compromise, to say the least. to put it in perspective, i put 40k miles and about 3-4 track events a year. so i had both severe abuse and lots of freeway trips to analyze things.

Do you have camber plates, how did you get that much camber in your front wheels? I am thinking of keeping the camber at the stock numbers and introducing a little toe-in, thru my searches I found very few actual numbers btu the one I did find was a A2 jetta that put in 1/32 of an inch of toe-in, I do not know what that translates in degress, but is this good, too much, or not enough for a corrado?
What would you guys recommended, some input is better than no input

Modified by markymark420 at 8:54 PM 6-1-2004

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
Re: Help with Alignment #'s (markymark420)

generally alittle toe out in front is what you want. as you get on the gas, the wheels start toeing in. so starting with toe out becomes straight under throttle. it also has a quicker turn in. i had no camber plates, just used the slots in the shock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts